Many homeowners struggle to maintain a comfortable indoor temperature. They typically blame an old HVAC unit, seasonal weather, or moisture issues. However, you can often trace these issues to a bad insulation job.
Getting excellent attic insulation service in Alpharetta can prevent many problems in your home. Your insulation has incredible effects on the comfort level and even the safety of your home. Below, we discuss three common issues resulting from poor insulation.
Heating and Cooling Problems
If your home has poor insulation, you’ll likely experience indoor heating and cooling problems. In the summer, inadequate insulation can let the hot outdoor air seep in and make the indoor temperature uncomfortable. In the winter, you may struggle to heat your home because the hot air escapes.
Inadequate heating or cooling is problematic. However, this issue can lead to further, more significant concerns, including:
- An inefficient HVAC system. Your HVAC system will have to work harder to ensure your home is comfortable. Straining your system like this can lead to inefficiencies, overwork, and frequent repairs.
- Discouraging energy audits. Energy audits detail your home’s energy usage and ways you can improve. With inefficient heating/cooling, you’ll receive discouraging energy audits.
- Increased electric bills. Without proper insulation, your HVAC unit will run nonstop to regulate indoor temperatures. As a result, your electric bill might spike.
Your home depends on proper ventilation and airflow. However, if you have a bad insulation job, you may be dealing with stagnant air in your home. You want good ventilation to keep your place fresh, clean, and healthy.
Improper ventilation can lead to more than old, stale air. You could face lingering air pollutants that create serious health concerns, such as:
- Allergy-like symptoms
- Eye, nose, and skin irritation
- Excessive coughing and sneezing
- Respiratory issues
- Lung disease
Don’t put yourself and your loved ones at risk; fix your insulation easily with spray foam insulation. Our professional spray foam application job can quickly insulate cracks, holes, and cavities.
Poor insulation is probably the culprit if you have moisture issues in your home. You’ll want to protect your house from humidity and dampness to promote comfort and longevity. High moisture levels can create structural damage and take a big chunk out of your wallet.
Other issues you may face from excess moisture include:
- Sticking windows and doors
- Condensation in the attic and on windows
- Frozen pipes
- Mold and mildew
Contact Us for Professional Insulation Services
Bad insulation can cause significant problems. You’ll want to know the benefits of good attic insulation and keep your home fresh, comfortable, and safe. Contact our professionals at Anthem Insulation & Home today for solutions to all your insulation needs.