Most houses across the states have an attic and basement that absorb hot and cold external temperatures, redirecting them into the structures. In Woodstock, crawl spaces beneath the floorboards serve as yet another entry point for uncomfortable climates, making insulating all walls, ceilings, and floors vital.
Rather than give your HVAC system a run for its money by having it rival the high 88-degree summer highs and 34-degree winter lows, count on Anthem Insulation & Home for crawl space insulation service in Woodstock, GA. We’ll determine if you have insulation falling down in your crawl space and how to remedy the situation.
What Is a Crawl Space?
The crawl space beneath your house not only serves as a sturdy foundation for your first floor but also allows plumbing pipes and electrical wires to run safely to all parts of your home without being seen. However, it also allows air to circulate under your home, and without insulation on the crawl space’s ceiling, it’ll affect your indoor climate.
Why Does Your Woodstock, GA, Crawl Space Insulation Keep Falling?
Unfortunately, even with proper insulation and regular maintenance, older insulation may fall due to:
- Excessive moisture from Woodstock’s high humidity weighing it down
- Pests digging into it
After falling, it promotes dust, mold growth, and odors to come through your floorboards, especially with a ventilated crawl space.
What Can You Do to Keep Your Crawl SopaInsulation from Falling Down?
Aside from regularly checking your insulation’s condition by having a professional inspect it semi-annually, avoid placing heavy objects like storage boxes and furniture directly over insulated spots. Otherwise, it may fall or compress, losing its ability for energy efficiency. The best methods to prevent insulation falling down in your crawl space should occur during installation.
A professional contractor must secure the insulation mats to the floor joists with mechanical fasteners, clips, staples, or adhesive glue to prevent sagging. A vapor barrier layer is also effective for holding the insulation.
What Are the Types of Woodstock, GA, Crawl Space Insulation Material?
During installation, consider your home’s location to determine the best insulation material and prevent insulation falling down in your crawl space.
- Closed-cell spray foam: If you live in a colder climate, like in the northern part of the US, consider closed-cell spray foam to eliminate heat loss.
- Open-cell spray foam: For warmer climates like in Woodstock, open-cell spray foam is more breathable to keep moisture levels down and circulate air to maintain a cooler crawl space.
- Fiberglass Insulation: Fiberglass batt insulation is the more economical and popular choice among residents, but isn’t as effective at keeping heat out.
- Rigid foam board: Rigid boards are solid sheets that come in different widths for differing insulation levels.
Why Should You Keep Singing Our Anthem?
With ten years of experience, our licensed and insured team answers any question, from “why is insulation falling down in your crawl space?” to “which way should insulation face in a crawl space?” Contact Anthem Insulation & Home for further information or a free estimate in Woodstock, GA, today!